Mrs. Shold's

7th Grade Language Arts and Social Studies Website (Washington State History)

Getting to Know Mrs. Shold

A Little About Mrs. Shold:

I love history and reading to learn about different perspectives, people, and places. I also enjoy playing and watching sports such as baseball, hockey, and golf. In the summer I amuse myself by being active with my son and two dogs Rufus and Frank, playing slow pitch softball, golfing, organizing, reading, jogging, and finding new DIY projects. Even though I don't have a lot of time to read, some of my favorite reads are: The Help, all of the Hunger Games novels, Mockingbird, anything by Jerry Spinelli, historical fiction novels, books by Chris Cleave, Sherman Alexie novels and Water for Elephants to name just a few. 


Before Liberty…

I went to WSU Pullman (Go Cougs) receiving my Bachelor's Degree in History then graduated in 2009 with my Masters in Teaching. I taught sixth, seventh, and eighth grade in a variety of subjects from English/Language Arts, History and AVID at Frontier Middle School prior to becoming a Lion. I love teaching because I have fun working with my students, and enjoy helping them overcome the challenges involved with higher level thinking and reasoning skills they are asked to do consistenly in LA/SS. 

How this website can help from home, important information, and grades…

Daily agendas will be posted on the left-hand side under "Recent Posts" as well as can be found in your student's portal of Google Classroom under the "About" tab. On the calendar students and parents/guardians can find: work completed in class, directions for assignments, and important due dates/dates to be aware of in the future. If a student is absent I ask they first look at our LA/SS Calendar, check Google Classroom, and then email me with any questions they may have. ( 

If students are assigned homework in LA/SS, the work is an extension of the class meaning a paper or questions were not completed in the time alotted for the activity and is expected to be finished in a timely manner. 

This year we will focus on how to analyze both literature and nonfiction texts, Washington state history, and the writing process to develop and stregthen our skills. Part of the work in LA/SS will be graded on participation of a skill (40%) meaning students attempted in order for me to assess their current level of understanding and to facilitate growth. The remaining 60% of student's LA/SS grade will be on assessment of their progress towards a skill or skills worked on such as: final projects (maps, literacy, poster displays, choice projects, etc.), essays, and/or other alternative ways to show learning was mastered and/or mastrty is being worked towards. 

Camping_Trav and Ash Swing


Comments are closed.