Learning Targets: I can explain the requirements that my choice book must follow; I know the date for my final presentation
1. QW: What kinds of things do you like to read? What have you read in the past that you really enjoyed? If you don't like to read, why?
3. Sign up for book talk dates
5. Write a 1-page letter to Mrs. Peters answering the questions below…
– How do you feel about the upcoming choice book unit? What are your thoughts on the book you might choose?
-What are your thoughts/goals as we near the end of the year? What can you do to make sure everything goes smoothly?
-How do you feel about your current grade?
-What else would you like me to know?
Learning Targets: I can define the words population and demographic; I can think critically about the percentage of different demographics that make up the modern world
1. QW: What does "population" mean? What types of characteristics make up a "population"?
3. 100 People worksheet and discussion