Learning Targets: I can participate in academic discussion to further understand a text; I can read for understanding by pulling key details from a text
2. Discuss Chapter 9
3. Read Chapter 10 together and discuss
4. TS/Cx/Q/A paragraph on this prompt:
In chapter 10, the pigs make their final transition towards becoming humans by walking on two legs, wearing clothes, etc. Using the text to support your answer, craft a paragraph that discusses why the animals are not responding more negatively to the situation on Animal Farm.
4. Go over AF playing cards rubric. Be ready for a work day on Friday!
Homework: READ YOUR CHOICE BOOK…you are down to about 3 weeks!
Learning Targets: I can apply Machiavelli's political principles to modern situations and justify my choices to a group
1. QW: What do you believe are the key traits of a good leader?
2. Read Machiavelli's "The Prince" and highlight key details
3. Machiavelli's Simulation. If absent, see me for directions upon return.