These past couple of weeks have flown right by trying to get all the assessments completed for the report cards. Our class is amazing and works so hard! The last two weeks in math we have been reviewing skills and assessing. In literacy we have been working on digraphs th, wh, sh, and ch. We have been developing our compare and contrasting skills, and determining the main idea and supporting details in non-fiction texts. Last week we had fun learning about St. Patrick's Day. Those little leprechauns were up to know good playing tricks on Fridau! This week we have diving into the science of wind and how it effects aircrafts in flight. With spring on its way we are focusing on life cycles of plants, insects, and butterflies!
New Literacy Rotations
Hopefully you have a noticed the new pink literacy menu forms that have been coming home in your child's backpack. This new format for our small group instruction is meant to allow kids more choice, the ability to practice and improve multiple standards daily, and get the focused instruction they need at their learning level. The pink sheet is my way of communicating how your child did during literacy and the skills they worked on. The red, green, and yellow stickers let you know they literacy choices they made. The colors are another way to differentiate for different learning abilities in the classroom. The notes next to each activity give you an idea of how they are managin their time. The initial means they completed the activity in the alloted amount of time. Thank you to those of you who take time to complete any unfinished work with your child at home!
If you have any questions or concerns about anything please feel free to contact me.
- Next week is Jungle Week in PE. This is such an exciting experience for the kids as they wrap up thegymnastics unit. They are encouraged to send in a jungle animal stuffed animal tomorrow to help decorate the space. Next Friday is Jungle Animal Day when the kids are supposed to dress up as their favorite jungle animal.
- If you would like to place a book order please do it by tomorrow.
- We are in desperate need of glue sticks and Clorox wipes. Even baby wipes would be appreciated.
- Step Throat is still being passed around. Some of the kids aren't showing any symptoms, but are carrying the illness. If your child seems extra tired, has an unexplained rash, or swollen glands please get them checked by the doctor.
- Please make sure you check the Communication Folder every day and take out the papers. The report cards are in their today!
- Thank you to everyone who donated money to Jump Rope for Heart. Our school raised over $15,000. That's a school record!
- Please remember that car rides are great times to practice counting to 100, sight words, and letter names and sounds with your student.
Below are some photos of the kids testing out their kites!