I hope you are enjoying this President's Day weekend! We had a great time at our Valentine party last Friday. The kids really practiced making connections with their peers. We focused on compliments and manners to make our hearts feel well. We also learned all about the human heart last week and how to keep it strong and healthy. This week's theme continues to focus on the students' bodies with dental hygiene, germs, and how sleep effects our overall health and wellness. In math we will continue to work with tens and ones. This is definitely a complex concept for the kids. They do much better with repeated practice. They enjoy counting small objects like beans, or beads, etc. and grouping them by tens and ones. So if you are bored at home you can pull out some beans or noodles from the cupboard.
- Please continue to check the communication folder and complete the writing homework in the planner every night.
- If you would like to place a book order please do so by tomorrow afternoon so I can submit the order.
- This Wednesday we will be celebrating the 100th day of school. If I have any parents who would like to volunteer in the morning between 9:30 and 11:30 I would appreciate the help.
- February 26th is our PALS Dr. Seuss Dance from 6:00 to 8:00. This is a super fun event with an awesome DJ. food, and great picture opportunities. I will definitely be there with Charlotte having a blast!
- To celebrate the dance there is also a spirit day February 26th. Students can choose to dress as their favorite Dr. Suess character or wear as many stripes as possible in honor of Dr. Seuss during the school day on Friday. They will already be dressed for the dance that night!
- March first is the monthly character assembly and Super Hero day. Students are encouraged to dress as their favorite super hero during the school day.
- Shopkins: The appearance of Shopkins and other small toys has been on the rise in our classroom. Shopkins are teachers worst enemy because they are tiny and easy to sneak. I have explained multiple times to the kids that we have plenty of toys in our classroom so their personal toys need to stay at home. The kids are trading them without permission and they are getting lost. Please help support with this and make sure they don't get into your child's backpack. If for some reason they do make their way here and get lost or traded there is nothing I can do about it.