The kids have been busy little elves working on learning their five senses. Hopefully you had a chance to have you child read the Little Elf book to you. We have also been working very hard on composing and decomposing numbers to 10. The kids are starting to see there are different combinations of numbers that equal the same amount. We are now working on addition and subtraction using a number line as a tool. Our themes for the rest of the season are evergreen trees and reindeer. We continue to work heavily on our phonics skills, sight words, and decoding emergent reader texts. This time of year we also have many fun arts and crafts that are included with our themes. These activities are also valuable for building fine motor skills, spatial reasoning, and their ability to follow multi-step directions. There are many exciting events coing up in the next two weeks, so please take a moment to read carefully. If you have any questions about anything please feel free to contact me.
- Report cards go home next Thursday December 10th.
- This Friday December 11th is the PALS movie night and the Family Game Night hosted by the Student Leadership team. There will be free popcorn and hot chocolate. Doors will open at 5:30, the movie will begin at 6:00 and we will be playing games until 7:30. I hope to see you all there!
- School wide pajama day December 16th
- Christmas sweater day December 18th with the school Holiday Sing-a-long in the afternoon from 2:30 to 3:15. Please come and sing with us!
- Please make sure you are helping your child complete their planner homework each night. Many of the students are ready to start writing and stretching out the entire sentence on their own, with little support. Please push them to be as independent with this process as possible.
- Please check the Communication Folder every night.
Thank you to everyone who donated to the canned food drive. They stuffed the bus last friday while we sang along with the high school Jazz. Thank you for all of your support. Our class contributed 94 food items. Way to go!!!