We have many important dates coming up to get on you calendar. Please carefully read all of the information below, and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
- Human Carwash this Thursday October 8th. We had three students from our class raise enough money to participate in the carwash. Way to go Kendall, Keith, and Kenzie!Basically that means I will be getting drenched that afternoon!
- No school this Friday for the State Wide Inservice Day
- Please remember to check your child's Communication Folder and Planner daily. Please take out all finished work!
- The student planner came home today with directions for the homework. The students will need to write a sentence each day on the lefthand side that corresponds with what I write on the righthand side. The planner needs to be completed each night and then returned in the morning. There are examples on the back of the yellow sheet that was attached to the planner this afternoon. A good strategy for working with emergent writers are allowing the child to dictate the sentence while you write it. Then the child can copy it from your writing into their planner. You can also use a highlighter to write the sentence in the planner and have your child trace what you have written. By January the students should be able to do the writing completely on their own. If you still have any questions please let me know. This is great writing and phonics practice!
- Please send your child with a small snack each day. Some parents have donated emergency snacks for students who forget, but they don't last very long if everyone needs one.
- Pumpkin Patch: Permission slips for our field trip to the pumpkin patch are in your child's communication folder. Please return them by the end of this week. The fee is $8.25 per child. This fee covers the cost of transportation, entry into the pumpkin patch, and a pumpkin for each child. There is space to indicate your interest in being a chaperone for this trip. Remember that you must be cleared to volunteer through the school office before you can chaperone. Chaperones do not have to pay the fee unless you want a pumpkin. If we have an overwhelming number of parents who would like to chaperone we will have to narrow it down using a lottery system. Please send the signed permission slip and fee in an envelope or Ziploc bag in the Communication Folder.
- Conference week will be the last week of October. Much more detailed information will be coming home soon about signing up for a conference time. I just want to make sure this is on your radar.
- Harvest Carnival October 24th!
Thank you for your support!