I can't believe that the 100th day of school is upon us! We are already half way through the school year. I keep reminding them that they are closer to first graders now instead of kindergarteners, so we need to start acting like it. We have mnay very exciting events coming up so I will get right to it!
Hundreds Party and Valentine Party
Please make sure you take a look in your child's communication folder or backpack. There was important information that came home about the parties this week. There is a sheet that requests a food item that will be used. If you can please send in the items by Wednesday I would really appreciate it. That way I can pick up anything that we still need in time for Thursday. If you are unable to contribute the requested item please send in the pink sheet declining so I can pick up that item.
I still need volunteers for both sessions. If you had previously volunteered and I did not write your name below, please excuse my mistake and give me another reminder. I will need volunteers for the whole session if possible. Morning class is from 9:00 to 12:00 and the Afternoon class is from 12:35 to 3:30.
AM Volunteers PM Volunteers
1. Wynter 1.
2. Tara 2.
On Friday the students were sent home with a sheet of names. These names are meant to be cut out and glued on the outside envelope of each Valentine. This is to help the kids identify who's box is who's by matching up the labels during the Mailman station. This really helps with students who are stuggling readers. The kid's can bring in their decorated boxes and Valentine cards any day this week and I will store them until Friday. Also, if you are not able to complete the Valentine Box homework please let me know so I can make sure that all the kids have a box for the party. I am also able to provide Valentine cards for families who are unable to pay for them. I know this is an added expense that is difficult for some families. Please let me know so I can send them home ASAP for you to fill out. I still need volunteers for both sessions of Friday as well.
AM Volunteers PM Volunteers
1. Amy 1.
2. Jessica 2.
3. Melyssa 3.
- We are collecting box tops through the month of February.
- We are also helping a Senior at CHS collect travel size toiletries to help with the WInter Hospitality Overflow program that helps homeless adults during the winter time. You can send in these items in until the end of this week.
- Many students are still not completing their planner homework. At this point in the year I should not see any adult handwriting, unless it is for the kids to copy. They should really be sounding out the words and writing it on their own. You can help with the sounds, but please don't write for them anymore. Many kids continually forget to bring their planner and folder to school at all. This practice is very important to develop their literacy skills.
- Please send in your child's I Can Read folder ASAP. We will be putting new items in and sending them next Friday. I hope you have enjoyed seeing your child's own written work in the folder. We do not always have time to publish so you may not see an illustration on every page. This could be a good activity to complete together when I send home their folder. My priority is to have the kids activly writing in their journals every single day.
- Snacks: Many students do not bring a snack but want one. Please send a snack with your child every day. We have had some parents donate snacks for the class for students who don't bring them, but we can't always count on that. We will have a few minutes for snack everyday. If it is difficult to remember, you can put a whole weeks worth of snacks in their bag at the beginning of the week so you only have to worry about it in Sunday nights.
- February book orders are due by Friday the 13th.
- Friday is our make-up day for inclement weather previously in the year.
- No school Monday for Presidents Day