We have had another great week in Kindergarten! Our theme last week was All About Me. We will be continuing this theme this week, as well as focusing on what makes a family. The students have been drawing and painting self portraits to focus on their own characteristics. We have been learning our color words and discussing our favorites. The students also learned one way to read a book, which is reading the pictures. We will be starting our Literacy Workshop tomorrow. The students will be participating in literacy rotations throughout the week during workshop time. Students will be writing and dictating the words they would like to say. Another group will be publishing their dictated work from the previous day to put in their I Can Read Folders. The last group will be working with me on phonics skills. At the end of the Literacy Workshop students will be given multiple stations to choose from to extend their literacy and math skills.
I will be hosting Kindergarten Curriculum night Wednesday October 1st from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. This will be an opportunity to discuss the scope and sequence for this year, classroom procedures and expectations, and a question and answer period at the end. I hope everyone can make it!
- Sport-a-thon this Friday. Dress students in comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. Please send in your pledges, every penny makes a difference!
- Book orders due on Friday. You may order on-line or send in your order form with a check for the correct amount. NO CASH PLEASE!
- Students should be practicing their handwriting every night on their laminated sheets
- Please check in your child's communication folder every night
- Homework tonight is a book called Little Yellow, Little Blue. Please ask them to read it to you.