We had a wonderful first week of school! It was so great to see all the children again and really get to know them. Our goals for last week were making new friends and learning new routines. The kids are doing a great job! Now we are working on remembering our new friends names.
Goals for this week:
- Continue learning routines and procedures
- Initial assessments
- Starting Number Corner and Bridges Math Curriculum
- Beginning of the year writing samples
- Handwriting practice
- Please check your child's communication folder every day and send it back every day.
- Please send $5.00 for a student planner
- PALS Family Movie Night this Friday starting at 5:30pm
- After this week please send a snack daily if your child needs one
- Picture day is September 18th
- Please send in any BoxTops you have
- Please collect pledges for the Sport-a-Thon
- AM Kindergarteners come to school tomorrow! Please send a lunch or lunch money in the communication folder if you haven't already.
I appreciate all the parents who have already contacted me to come and help in the classroom. I will be sending home information for parents to sign up soon. I do not plan on having any helpers until October just so I can get the class routines down before I start delegating work to be done. You are all so wonderful to be willing to come and help! If you have any questions or concerns please let me know at Katie.Redmond@camas.wednet.edu or at ext. 78494