Monday: No School for Memorial Day.
Tuesday: Continue work on Career PowerPoint. Your presentation should be complete today.
Wednesday: Write speech introductions and conclusions. Your introduction should include:
- Introduce yourself (first and last name)
- Have an attention grabber. Not a Question! Use a statistic, quote, story, etc. Be creative when grabbing our attention and drawing us in to listen to your speech.
Write out your introduction WORD FOR WORD what you plan on saying. This will be turned in today so I can review it and give you a grade.
You are also writing out your conclusion for your speech (on the same piece of paper). The conclusion should include:
- A summary of your key points
- What you learned from the project (reflection)
- If this may be a job you want to do in the future (if not, tell us what changed your mind)
- Close the speech (thank the group or ask if there are any questions)
The conclusion should also be written out WORD FOR WORD what you are planning on saying.
Thursday: I will be out today. Tomorrow we will work on practice timings for your speech. Today you will complete your final Current Event for me. Here is the form and it is also in my sharing folder: CURRENT EVENT—-You copy into your OWN folderThis is due before you leave class today. Use the yellow books and your citations should be PERFECT by now.The form is in my sharing folder like before. Do a "save as" into your own folder. Use the Columbian or another news source. Print when completed and turn into the drawer.
Friday: Use today to check on the PowerPoint rubric (attached here for you) Career PowerPoint Rubric Revised 1 7 15 Final. Make sure you have all parts included for full points. We will do the practice timings on Monday so use today to continue to build and construct your speech and/or notecards. You will get your introductions back on Monday. The speech schedule will also be decided today.