The online book fair link.

My first job was as a bookseller in a small independent bookstore in Gresham, Oregon called Dickinson Booksellers. I was hired right around Christmas and I was supposed to wrap presents. They were going to "give me a try" and see if I had potential. All I wanted was the 15% discount on books. The bookstore was amazing. It was in an old church on Main Street and I was not going to take no for an answer. I worked there all through high school. 

A book fair is a chance to have a bookstore in a library without taking out a loan or worrying about oayroll. LOL! 

This is a great time of the year to buy for your kids, or other kids, and kids, of course can buy for themselves or their friends. It's a win-win. 

How does a book fair help our library? First and foremost it helps us buy the latest and greatest books. It also helps us buy more copies of popular books so students don't have to wait. Plus books are the presents that keep on giving. It's the best gift because it's like giving someone a whole world. Sometimes it's a book you know well and you are sure they will enjoy as well. The other thing is that even if you give a book it can mean the student will read it now, or read it later when they're in the mood for it. 

There are some great books, buy and other wonders (Wonder the book) at the fair this year. Stop by and check it out for yourself. You can also shop online.

Thanks for reading! 
Ms. Pappas